Saturday, March 25, 2017

Work & Play



 Sandy's cactus is stunning! 
I walk by this cactus several times a day. 
The orange blossoms are also filling the air 
with a wonderful fragrance. 
After shopping for 17 semi-straight boards, cutting and 
heming the fabric, painting the boards, stapling the fabric, 
 Scott and Mike drilled the holes to anchor the last sun 
shade panel along the carport. 
It looks great and will provide many years of protection.
 Senior Olympics Day!
A great way to meet neighbors and have some fun. 
Half of the participants are sitting in the shade. 
Putting was the first event. 
I only made one ball through the hole. 
Ladder Ball was the second event. 
I won my first game and then lost the next round. 
 Bean Bag Toss was the third event.
I beat Joanne in the first game and then
 I had to play her husband in the second game and lost. 
Scott was scorekeeper for the Championship game.
I didn't participate in the Cribbage or Bingo in the 
clubhouse because I helped prepare the meal which 
was hamburgers, brats, potato salad, baked beans, 
chips, and Klondike bars for dessert. 
It was a beautiful day and everyone had fun.
Here is our first bloom from a little cactus next to our shed. 
After a long walk, we were treated to this 
sunset view from our driveway. What a great day!

"Balance activity with serenity, wealth and simplicity, 
persistence with innovation, community with solitude, 
familiarity with adventure, constancy with change,
 leading with following." 

Jonathan Lockwood Huie



No comments:

Post a Comment