Saturday, February 18, 2017

Aw Nuts!

Another relaxing sunny week!
 Scott is feeling better but still naps daily. 
It has been a long recovery.
For Valentine’s Day we visited The Green Valley Pecan Company.
They don’t have tours but here is an interesting video 
about 5 minutes long. 
While we were there they were trimming the trees.
Chocolate English Toffee and Honey Toasted Pecans
 for my crazy nutty husband when his throat is better. 

On the way home we stopped by Baskin Robbins.
 Ice cream always helps a sore throat!

Besides water aerobics, I have been sorting through the 
cupboards getting ready for a park wide sale on Saturday. 
Didn’t I just do this about a year ago?

 My sewing machine has been useful because
 I was able to help a few gals alter some clothes, 
made a valance and two head rest covers.

Girl time! I was invited to lunch with five other 
ladies to a little cafe which has great food.  

Our plans are to be in Iowa for August and we have
reservations for Labor Day weekend at Jester Park 
in Des Moines, Iowa. Looking forward to catching up 
with family and friends.

"I just clipped 2 articles from a current magazine. 
One is a diet guaranteed to drop 5 pounds 
off my body in a weekend. 
The other is a recipe for a 6 minute pecan pie."
Erma Bombeck
 


No comments:

Post a Comment